Monday, November 8, 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Hey everyone!  We have all agreed to update this belong every two days.  Sorry for the lapse!  We are all so busy with school right now, because all of us have midterms nonstop -____- Anyway, I got a little surprise in the mail yesterday while I was studying! My Urban Decay Naked Palette came :) Here are the swatches:


Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar

 Sidecar, Naked, Sin, Virgin

Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse

Darkhorse, Smog, Half Baked, Buck

Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Gunmetal, Creep, Hustle, Toasted

Zero, Whiskey (eyeliners)

I think this is the perfect palette to buy if you are looking for wearable and practical shadow colors.
I was a little apprehensive about purchasing this palette, because I've read that the colors were too sparkly, but I disagree.  There are few glittery ones, but those shadows are perfect for a night out!  My sister had her homecoming dance this past Saturday, and I used Virgin, Creep and Gunmetal to create a sultry, smoky eye look.  She got so many compliments!  I do find that Urban Decay makes better shimmer shadow colors than it does matte.  As you can see from the swatches, some of the matte colors like Naked and Buck don't apply so well.  However, all the other colors are pretty and perfectly shimmery!  However, glitter/shimmer fallout can be somewhat of a problem, just make sure to tap out any excess eyeshadow from your brush before applying it to your eyes!  I deal with fall out with any eyeshadow by using a business card under my eye, while I apply the shadow, so all the excess shadow falls on the card, not your face.

I say that if you are a beginner with makeup, you should invest in this palette.  I have so much makeup already, and I still love it (so does Claire and Janice).  Overall, I was extremely happy with my purchase, and have incorporated colors like Smog, Toasted, and Virgin into my daily routine.  I still have yet to try others, because Claire and I also really love Hustle, because when blended, it looks so pretty.  I also love love love Urban Decay eyeliner.  They all apply so well, and stay on the whole day (always prep with primer potion!).  Speaking of primer potion, a little bottle of primer comes with your palette as well.  It's great for travel and the little bottle is so cute.  If you have a thing for pretty packaging, you'll like this palette, because it has a nice velvety cover :)

Happy Indulging,
Wora

No comments:

Post a Comment