Sunday, November 14, 2010

HG Concealer -- Diorskin Nude Skin Perfect Hydrating Concealer

It's the end of week 7 and I am FINALLY done with midterms for this quarter! I do have 2 more papers to write ... but papers are NEVER as stressful as midterms!

I have been searching for the perfect concealer for a very long time ... and I finally found it!!! Before I started using Dior's Nude concealer, I've used Paul & Joe Stick Concealer (worst concealer I've tired ... but I love EVERYTHING else from P&J), Shu Uemura Pro Concealer, and YSL Anti-Cernes Multi Action Concealer (almost HG ... but not quite - a bit drying). Paul & Joe Stick Concealer was just a horrible match and applied cakey ... the Shu Uemura was a bit too close to my skin tone, so I had difficulty completely covering my dark spots. YSL's concealer was almost perfect but it just doesn't blend as well as Diorskin Nude's concealer! The Dior concealer perfectly covers my dark spots both under my eyes and face. I heard great reviews of Cle De Peau's Concealer ... and will definitely check it out after I finish this concealer!

The Dior Concealer comes in a squeeze tube of 0.33oz. I love the squeeze tube because it's very hygienic (unlike P&J, Shu, and YSL's concealer). However, 0.33oz is a bit small and disappointing as it retails for $28! A little does go a long way with this concealer and I use very little product each day, so it's still worth it.

I wear Diorskin Nude Foundation in Linen 021, and I got the concealer in 001 instead of 002 because it's always better to choose a concealer a shade lighter than your overall skin tone, so you can actually lighten/brighten those dark circles.  The concealer blends perfectly and lasts all day and its consistency is perfect! Also, it does not oxidize throughout the day ... I hate it when concealers or foundations change color on me half way through the day. Best of all, this concealer is very hydrating not drying at all ... I've had problems with other concealers because it would become too dry and appear cakey. Note - I have dry skin ... so definitely try this concealer if you have dry skin and haven't found your perfect concealer yet!



The concealer retails for $28 and is available at Sephora and all Dior Beauty Counters in Nordstrom, Saks, and Bloomingdales! 

xo, claire

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream concealer! Makes me want to try it but I have to get over the price. :) Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth it if you haven't found the perfect concealer for you :)

    ReplyDelete