Monday, November 15, 2010

HG Lip Treatment -- Fresh Sugar Lip Balm Collection

Yay, we've really been keeping up with daily posts! I really hope we can get more followers! Wora will start doing tutorials after she finishes her midterms this coming week! Also, Wednesday is Wora's 19th birthday! YAY :) Janice and I have got her lots of beauty goodies, hope she'll like it and review them!

So on to the review ...

I love california for its beautiful weather and being able to wear sun dresses or shorts in November! However, the air humidity here is so low, especially in the winter, and my skin and lips are always uncomfortably chapped. So, finding the perfect lip treatment is ESSENTIAL! 

The Fresh Sugar Lip treatment is very moisturizing and lasts a good number of hours, but the best thing about it is it's heavenly scent - smells like a lemon sugary pie! It also has SPF 15, which is a definite plus! I found myself reaching to reapply every 3-5 hours, which I think is pretty good. Even after the product seems to be gone from my lips, my lips do not become chapped right away (I usually experience this with lip products containing vaseline). I would say Fresh's Lip Treatment is my HG lip product for now (unless I can find one that works better for a lower price)! I also love the heavy tube screw packaging as it's very sturdy! I usually stay away from lip treatments in pots because I hate using my finger to apply lip treatment, as it's not very hygienic. (I do like some potted lip treatments such as Korres Lip Butter and Tokyo Milk Bonbon Lip Balm -- both items will be reviewed too!)

The Sugar Rose and Sugar Plum and tinted lip treatments and at first I was scared that it would be really bright and pigmented, but it applies with just a slight tint, exactly what I'm looking for. I usually like to use a mirror when I apply the Sugar Rose and Sugar Plum because I don't want the color to get on the corner of my mouth. 



Unfortunately, this lip treatment is on the pricer side, each tube costs $22.50 for 0.15oz and a bit expensive for a lip balm. However, it's worth trying it out if you have very chapped lips and haven't found the perfect lip balm yet! Also, Sephora offers special gift sets that include the lip treatments for $28. For an extra $5.50, it comes with a cute Fresh Bag and a 3.4oz Brown Sugar Body Cream (which by the way smells HEAVENLY!), and a little Brown Sugar EDP!

So what is your favorite lip treatment?

xo, claire




1 comment:

  1. http://www.bellasugar.com/Doing-Drugstore-Einstein-Lip-Therapy-1539629

    favorite lip balm EVERRR. i buy this in bulk every time i buy it. i think i've bought AT LEAST 400 in my lifetime. theyre not all for me, i give them out as gifts and everyone LOVES them. theyre discontinued now, so you have to find them online, but i highly highly highly recommend trying this [in the red, which leaves a minty, tingly feeling that i have not found in any other lip balm, and i've tried a lot]

    ReplyDelete