Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2010 Day to Night Warm Eye Palette

While I was studying for my ls midterm this past week, Janice sent me pictures of her new purchase, the Bobbi Brown Day to Night Warm Eye Palette! I fell in love with the palette because I love love love the packaging, it's so sophisticated!

The palette consists of 6 eyeshadows, 3 matte and 3 metallics! The shades include Ivory, Oat, Espresso, Burnt Sugar Metallic, Velvet Bronze Metallic, and Black Plum Shimmer Wash. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and applies smoothly on to the lids. Janice and I both purchased the warm palette because it works better with asian skin tone. I love how this palette includes the 3 matte shades as I always purchase metallic shimmer eyeshadows and forget that matte eyeshadows are essential! Also, I love this palette because I did not experience any glitter fallout, as the shimmers are so finely milled.

Here are swatches for the palette:
Day to Night Warm Eye Palette Closed
Day to Night Warm Eye Palette Open
Day to Night Warm Eye Palette Close Up
Ivory, Oat, Espresso, Burnt Sugar, Brown Velvet, Black Plum


Brown Velvet, Burnt Sugar, Espresso, Oat


The Ivory shade is the perfect base color and I use it to highlight. Espresso is a matte but very intense dark brown and I use it on the crease. Espresso can also be used to shade in the eyebrows!  I did not experience any glitter fall out at all! The Burnt Sugar Metallic is a bronze brown and very similar to Urban Decay's Smog, but UD's Smog has glitter fallout! The Velvet Bronze Metallic is a bronze brown with reddish/orange tones; this eyeshadow also has a shimmer finish with no glitter fallout! The very last color is my favorite: Black Plum Shimmer Wash. The Black Plum is perfect for creating a smokey eye for a night out!

Bobbi Brown eyeshadows are amazing! It is very pigmented and also long lasting! I did not experience any creasing when I was out for 15 hours and the eyeshadow still looked perfect! I did wear the eyeshadow with Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials.

The Bobbi Brown Day to Night Warm Eye Palette is limited edition and retails for $45 and can be purchased at nordstrom.com or bobbibrowncosmetics.com.

Hope you guys like this palette as much as I do and have a good weekend everyone!

xo, claire

2 comments: